LONG BEACH, Calif., June 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of imaging and laser display solutions, will be exhibiting its lineup of education technology solutions at the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) 2019 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia in booth #1522. Attendees will have an opportunity to experience how Epson’s innovative projection and printing solutions work in a variety of education applications from higher education to K-12 schools. In addition to its range of powerful laser display solutions that can transform classrooms into integrative and collaborative spaces, for the first time at ISTE, Epson will be featuring its business inkjet printers that are leading the charge in bringing low-cost color printing to educational institutions.
“In order to meet the needs of educational facilities, Epson has designed technology that makes learning more cost-efficient and engaging,” said Mark Mathews, vice president, North America Commercial Sales and Marketing, Epson America, Inc. “To best invest in administrators, teachers and students, we aim to empower educational institutions to not only save money, but also increase productivity through Epson’s breadth of edtech solutions.”
Epson products showcased at ISTE include:
- BrightLink® 1485Fi: The new ultra short-throw interactive laser display is the ultimate productivity and collaboration tool. Leveraging laser technology and up to 5,000 lumens of color and white brightness,1 it delivers big, bright images for better readability and increased engagement. With new 16:6 widescreen display options, the BrightLink 1485Fi turns almost any flat surface into an instant, ultra-wide interactive digital whiteboard. It also automatically sets an image to fit a whiteboard and provides one-step calibration of touch and interactive pens. Plus, it comes with a one-year subscription to SMART Learning Suite for enhanced interactive lessons in the classroom.
- PowerLite® L610U: Perfect for small- to medium-size rooms, this portable projector delivers incredible value to education customers. The powerful projector features an integrated laser light source, stunning imagery, up to 6,000 lumens of color and white brightness,1 WUXGA resolution, and enhanced wireless technology to connect to multiple devices. The PowerLite L610U delivers innovative features that ensure bright, vibrant images, as well as quick and easy setup across devices for the education market.
- LightScene®: A new category of accent lighting laser projectors, LightScene is designed to meet education’s demand for digital signage. Simultaneously illuminating and projecting dynamic content onto virtually any surface or material, LightScene engages audiences and provides immersive experiences. Using LightScene, schools and universities can showcase student work, provide wayfinding, promote events, acknowledge volunteers or donors, and bring a lesson to life by projecting a scene, such as a rainforest, on every surface in the classroom.
- WorkForce® Enterprise WF-C20590: As Epson’s first multifunction color printer powered by PrecisionCore® Line Head Technology, the WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590 is a great addition to the administration office. With breakthrough speed, up to 100 ISO ppm,† and high-yield large capacity ink cartridges delivering up to 50,000 black / 50,000 color ISO pages,2 the Enterprise WF-C20590 is a cost-effective MFP for education. Additionally, it utilizes up to 50 percent less power than color lasers,3 operating on a standard 110-volt outlet.
- WorkForce Pro WF-C579R: An ideal solution for satellite campus needs or specialty programs that need low-cost color printing, the WorkForce Pro WF-C579R offers up to 75% lower color printing costs vs. color laser,4 thanks to its unique Precision Core printing technology. Its Replaceable Ink Pack System delivers up to 50,000 ISO pages black/20,000 ISO color before changing the packs,5 which means fewer interventions and less hassle compared to previous models. The printer offers professional-quality prints at 24 ISO ppm (black/color)† and 1,330-sheet total paper capacity with optional trays. The WF-C579R also offers convenient 50-page ADF, auto 2-sided printing, copying, scanning, and faxing.
- WorkForce ST-4000 EcoTank®: This Supertank color multifunction printer, powered by PrecisionCore, offers improved productivity for higher education and K-12 schools. Great for the individual classroom, it features cartridge-free printing with easy-to-fill, supersized ink tanks and includes up to two years of ink in the box6 – enough to print up to 14,000 pages black/11,200 color.7 Educators can save up to 80 percent with low-cost replacement ink bottles vs. ink cartridges.8 The ST-EcoTank series offers fast auto 2-sided printing as well convenient wireless printing from tablets and smartphones.9
Epson’s Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative, is available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for a total of five years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories.
Epson’s education solutions will be on display at ISTE in booth #1522 during the following exhibit hall hours:
- Monday, June 24: 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 25: 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 26: 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
For additional information on Epson’s education technology solutions, visit: https://epson.com/business-solutions-higher-education-market-products
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to becoming indispensable to society by connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. The company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics. Epson is proud of its contributions to realizing a sustainable society and its ongoing efforts to realizing the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the worldwide Epson Group generates annual sales of more than U.S. $10 billion.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
† Black and color print speeds are measured in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. For more information, visit www.epson.com/printspeed
1 Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
2 Replacement cartridge yields are based on ISO/IEC 24711 tests in Default Mode printing continuously. Cartridge yields vary considerably for reasons including images printed, print settings, temperature and humidity. Yields may be lower when printing infrequently or predominantly with one ink color. All ink colors are used for printing and printer maintenance, and all colors have to be installed for printing. For print quality, part of the ink from the included cartridges is used for printer startup and a variable amount of ink remains in the cartridges after the “replace cartridge” signal. For more information, visit www.epson.com/inkinfo
3 Compared to best-selling A3 color MFPs with MSRP of $41,000 or less. Competitive data gathered from manufacturer websites and third-party industry sources as of Nov. 2016.
4 Compared with best-selling, single-function and multifunction color laser printers priced at $2,000 (USD) or less and with speeds of 40 ppm or less per industry available data as of June 2018. Calculation based on continuous printing with highest-capacity individual cartridges sold in retail. Actual savings will vary based on print task and use conditions
5 Replacement ink pack yields are estimated based on ISO/IEC 24711 test in Default Mode printing continuously. Ink pack yields vary considerably for reasons including images printed, print settings, temperature and humidity. Yields may be lower when printing infrequently or predominantly with one ink color. All ink colors are used for printing and printer maintenance, and all colors have to be installed for printing. For print quality, part of the ink from the included ink packs is used for printer startup and a variable amount of ink remains in the ink pack after the “replace ink pack” signal. For details, see www.epson.com/inkinfo
e Based on average monthly document print volumes of about 300 pages (ST-4000 and ST-3000) and 150 pages (ST-2000).
7 Included ink bottle yields based on the ISO/IEC 24712 pattern with Epson’s methodology. Actual ink yields will vary considerably for reasons including images printed, print settings, temperature and humidity. Yields may be lower when printing infrequently or predominantly with one ink color. All ink colors are used for printing and printer maintenance, and all colors must be available for printing. For more information, visit www.epson.com/inkinfo.
8 Savings comparison based on the purchase cost of replacement ink bottles and the cost of enough cartridges to achieve the total page yields of the bottles using the manufacturers’ online prices and yields for the highest-capacity cartridges for the best-selling similarly featured consumer inkjet printers priced at $499 USD or less per industry available data, August 2018. Actual savings will vary based on print tasks, print volumes and usage conditions.
9 Most features require an Internet connection to the printer, as well as an Internet- and/or email-enabled device. For a list of Epson Connect™ enabled printers and compatible devices and apps, visit www.epson.com/connect.
EPSON, EcoTank, LightScene, PowerLite, PrecisionCore, and WorkForce are registered trademarks, EpsonConnect is a trademark, and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Brighter Futures and BrightLink are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2019 Epson America, Inc.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.