Man Utd transfer news: Yerry Mina speaks out on Barcelona move as Jose Mourinho eyes bid | Football | Sport

996955.jpg

[ad_1]

Jose Mourinho is desperate to splash the cash this summer, with the Red Devils boss urging Old Trafford transfer chiefs to sign a centre-back and a versatile forward.

Barcelona ace Mina, 23, tops Mourinho’s wishlist, with Leicester’s Harry Maguire also a target.

The Colombia international is seen as a move economic option to Maguire, with the Foxes demanding around £75m for England’s World Cup hero.

Reports last week claimed United are readying a £35m bid for the defender ahead of the transfer deadline on August 9.

And Mina, who joined Barca in the January transfer window, insists he’s calm over his future.

“In terms of my future, I have no idea but I’m calm about it,” Mina told Bocas magazine.

“I’m 23 years old and have a lot of football left to play.”

On his turbulent spell at Barca, which saw the defender start just four La Liga games, Mina added: “I thought a lot of things, a lot of bad things. I thought I was finished.

“I felt so bad and [Philippe] Coutinho and Paulinho tried to encourage me all the time and told me that everything would be fine.

“For me, I understand that there are spectacular players [in his position] but I just wanted to have a minute to impress and it didn’t happen.

“The few minutes I did get, they were bad… it felt at times like everything was going wrong and coming down.

“I felt like I couldn’t do anything right, such as even giving a pass in training.”

Should United sign Mina, he would become Mourinho’s fourth summer signing.

The defender would follow Fred, Diogo Dalot and Lee Grant to Old Trafford.

Mourinho is desperate to splash the cash this summer to catch Manchester City this season.

United watched on last time out as Pep Guardiola’s men stormed to the Premier League title, with City breaking the 100-point barrier for the first time.

Mourinho has cut a frustrated figure during United’s pre-season tour of America, with the Special One awaiting the return of his World Cup stars.

The United boss has been vocal on his summer transfer plans, revealing he’s far from happy with the Old Trafford board.

“We basically have the same players,” said Mourinho.

“The players we have bought, one is a goalkeeper cover, one is a 19-year-old kid, so in fact we have one new player which is Fred.

“So of course our team is not going to be very different.”

Man Utd transfer news – who has Mourinho signed this summer?

Players in: Fred (£47m, Shakhtar Donetsk), Diogo Dalot (£19m, Porto), Lee Grant (£1.5m, Stoke).

Players out: Dean Henderson (loan, Sheffield United), Joe Riley (undisclosed, Bradford), Sam Johnstone (£6.5m, West Brom), Daley Blind (£14.1m, Ajax), Matty Willock (loan, St Mirren), Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (loan, Scunthorpe), Max Johnstone, Jake Kenyon, Ilias Moutha-Sebtaoui, Devonte Redmond, Theo Richardson, Charlie Scott (all released), Michael Carrick (retired).

[ad_2]

Source link