Transfer news LIVE – all the latest from Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and more
Monday, April 30
Cryptic picture emerges…
Ruben Neves has been pictured in Liverpool – ramping up speculation of a summer transfer.
Neves has been the star of the show in the Championship this term as Wolves gained promotion to the top flight, but Neves’ situation is uncertain after reported interest from Liverpool.
Last week Portuguese reports claimed he was on Jurgen Klopp’s radar.
And Liverpool fans reckon Neves is going to be his replacement, after his sister posted an Instagram story and tagged the location as Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
Ruben Neves impressed for Wolves as they won promotion to the Championship
Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof could find himself leaving Old Trafford this summer.
But it won’t be for too long.
The Sun claim Jose Mourinho will send the Swedish international out on a season-long loan to gain valuable first-team experience.
It’s said that Mourinho believes Lindelof has a future with the Red Devils, but doubts that he can challenge Chris Smalling, Phil Jones or Eric Bailly for a starting berth in the short term.
A number of Premier League and European clubs are thought to have shown an interest in the 23-year-old centre-back.
Transfer News: Manchester United will send Victor Lindelof out on a season-long loan, reports claim
Jack Butland to replace Petr Cech
Stoke star Jack Butland would be the perfect goalkeeper to replace Petr Cech at Arsenal, according to former Arsenal winger Perry Groves.
“I want Jack Butland to replace Petr Cech as Arsenal’s goalkeeper and I would take him in a heartbeat,” he told Sportingbet.
“I think he’s one of the best young goalkeepers in the country and he has a huge physical presence.
“Any goalkeeper that’s playing for Stoke will look vulnerable, but he would only improve at Arsenal. We would be able to get him for a good price once Stoke are relegated too.”
Paulo Fonseca boost
Shakhtar Donetsk manager Paulo Fonseca has rejected an approach from Everton as he holds hopes of replacing Arsene Wenger at Arsenal, says Guillem Balague.
Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri is the current favourite to take over from Arsene Wenger, with Luis Enrique closely behind.
However, Balague says Fonseca is also on Arsenal’s radar after two promising years in Ukraine at Shakhtar.
Fonseca has been linked with replacing Sam Allardyce at Everton but Balague claims he has said NO to the Merseyside club.
“Even though his time at Shakhtar Donetsk didn’t start very well, I think he was knocked out of the qualifiers of the Champions League, you’ve seen a different Shakhtar Donetsk since,” Balague said on his YouTube channel.
“It’s something that has been observed by Premier League clubs, including Everton. Everton approached him and he said no to Everton. Why? Because he is thinking of Arsenal. He has been told Arsenal are interested in him.”
Luis Enrique has been linked with replacing Arsene Wenger at Arsenal
Jose Mourinho has been dealt a blow in his pursuit of three of Lazio’s star players, according to reports.
Manchester United are rumoured to be in the market for Luis Alberto, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Ciro Immobile.
However The Mirror report that Lazio director of football Igli Tare has warned the Red Devils that the trio are not for sale.
All three have starred to help Lazio to third in Serie A, behind Juventus and Napoli.
Barcelona are also reported to be on the hunt for Alberto, who previously had a disappointing spell at Liverpool.
Dries Mertens alert
Arsenal and Manchester United are monitoring Dries Mertens’ faltering contract negotiations, reports claim.
Napoli are desperate to extend their midfielder’s deal beyond June 2020.
Italian website Calciomercato claims Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis wants Mertens to sign a long-term extension worth £3.5million a year.
But despite lengthy ongoing talks, the two parties haven’t reached an agreement.
With the situation still unresolved, Calciomercato claim the Premier League duo could make their interest known.
Dembele future in danger
Ousmane Dembele’s Barcelona future is in danger due to the impending arrival of Antoine Griezmann.
The Atletico Madrid striker has been heavily linked with a Nou Camp move in the summer.
And it appears the Frenchman’s arrival will spell the end for Dembele… in the short team at least.
According to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo, the youngster will be loaned out should Griezmann arrive this summer.
And the publication reports Atletico Madrid may even look to loan Dembele themselves.
Transfer News: Tottenham are leading the battle to sign Celtic star Kieran Tierney
Spurs lead Tierney chase
Tottenham are leading the battle to sign Celtic star Kieran Tierney, according to the bookmakers.
Celtic left-back Tierney recently won the Young Player of the Year award and became the first player to claim the prize for a third time.
But his impressive performances have regularly seen him linked with moves to some of the biggest sides in England after establishing himself as a key player at both domestic and international level at the age of just 20.
BetStars director of trading Ian Marmion said: “Kieran Tierney’s impressive season for Celtic has drawn the attention of a host of Premier League clubs, with Tottenham leading the chase for the young defender.
“Mauricio Pochettino’s side are the clear 2/1 favourites to sign the 20-year-old, who has made 45 appearances for Scottish champions Celtic this season.
“Spurs face competition from Bournemouth and Manchester United to complete a deal for Tierney. The Cherries can be found at 3/1 as they seek a long-term replacement for 31-year-old left-back Charlie Daniels, whilst the Red Devils are priced at 5/1 to land the defender with Luke Shaw’s exit looking increasingly likely.
“Everton and Chelsea, at odds of 6/1 and 10/1 respectively, represent the outsiders in the race to sign Tierney.”
Transfer News: Arsenal and Man Utd have been linked with Dries Mertens
Allegri Arsenal doubt
Massimiliano Allegri is not the right man to replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal because he would not play the style of football the fans want to see, says Guillem Balague.
Balague does not think the Italian’s style of football fits the “identity” of Arsenal.
“Allegri’s future is in doubt, I just don’t see him fitting at Arsenal,” Balague said on his YouTube channel.
“It’s got to do with the style of football mostly.
“But I’m not sure it is the kind of football that Arsenal fans will accept.”
Salah swap deal
Real Madrid are determined to sign Mohamed Salah this summer but Liverpool want two players in return.
That’s according to sensational reports in Spain as Real Madrid set about splashing the cash in a bid to win back their La Liga crown.
Florentino Perez feels he can get the Egypt international at a cheaper price if he offers a player in return.
But unexpectedly, Don Balon say Liverpool have requested TWO players be included in any deal if they are to even consider selling their prized asset.
The report says Gareth Bale and Keylor Navas are Jurgen Klopp’s requests.
Can to Juventus
Liverpool midfielder Emre Can has agreed a five-year deal with Juventus, according to reports in Italy.
The German wantaway is out of contract in the summer and has been stalling on signing a new deal at Anfield for months now.
Can has made no secret of his desire to leave the club at the end of the season.
And it appears after months of speculation surrounding the 24-year-old, his future away from Merseyside may finally be decided.
According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Can has put pen to paper on a five-year deal at Italian champions Juventus.
The Liverpool star will earn €6m (£5.2m) each year at the Serie A giants.
Transfer news: Emre Can looks set to swap Liverpool for Juventus
Buvac quits Liverpool
Liverpool assistant Zeljko Buvac has walked away from the club just days before the second leg of the Champions League semi-final.
The Bosnian-Serb has worked alongside Jurgen Klopp for 17 years during spells at Mainz and Borussia Dortmund.
According to the Daily Record, Klopp and his No 2 have fallen out in recent weeks, which has contributed to the exit.
A source close to Liverpool told the publication: “Klopp and Buvac had a big falling out.
“And Buvac has been left completely out of the loop of late.
“They stand apart in training, Buvac doesn’t go to tactical meetings, and he is no longer involved in picking the team.
“In the past, he was the only one who had Klopp’s ear. The relationship had broken down.”
Liverpool deny the reports and claim he has gone on leave for the rest of the season due to personal reasons.
Mohamed Salah is reportedly expected to be offered a huge new contract to stay at Liverpool.
And according to the Sun on Sunday, the Reds are prepared to double his wages to around £185,000 a week in an effort to thwart Real.
The report suggests that Anfield chiefs are desperate to avoid another big name leaving following the departures of Philippe Coutinho and Luis Suarez to Barcelona.
The Sun claim Salah’s new deal could be thrashed out before the World Cup gets underway.
Gareth Bale will stay at Real Madrid next season – because no Premier League club can afford to bring him home.
Manchester United and Chelsea are both long-term suitors of the Welsh ace, who has found it difficult to get a regular run of games with Real this season.
Manchester City and Liverpool have also been linked with the former Tottenham man, along with Bayern Munich.
But – partly because of the costs involved in signing him – the 28-year-old is believed to be ready to stay and fight for his place in the Spanish capital next season.
Transfer news: Liverpool are prepared to offer Mohamed Salah a new deal
Arsene Wenger replacement
Arsenal need their new manager to focus on the defensive side of the game, says Ian Wright.
“We need somebody who is going to coach the players,” Wright said on Match of the Day 2. “We need to go back to basics when it comes to defending from deep.
“We’ve got the players going forward, we’ve got brilliant offensive players.
“We need to build on a good defensive base. I’m thinking goalkeeper, another centre-half. (Konstantinos) Mavropanos looks good quality if he continues to progress like he has done.
“We need two midfield players, definitely a holding midfielder and another one to go in there.”
Barcelona transfer plans
Barcelona are reportedly planning to make four key signings this summer after their early Champions League exit.
Don Balon claims Antoine Griezmann is the club’s main priority this summer.
But in a surprise turn of events, Chelsea’s Marcos Alonso is also being touted as a new arrival.
To add, Don Balon also claim Munich’s Joshua Kimmich is another target for Valverde.
The right-back would cost around €50m in the summer.