World Cup 2018: Bomb threat sparks hotel evacuation in Rostov | World | News

980055.jpg

[ad_1]

Russian police vehicles and ambulances surrounded the Topos Congress-Hotel in Rostov-on-Don late on Tuesday, witnesses said.

Click Here

Police had earlier evacuated the hotel, according to hotel staff.

Witnesses said they were told by police they had been evacuated due to a bomb threat.

The hotel is listed as an official World Cup accommodation by FIFA, but none of the competing teams were staying there.

At least one fire truck is thought to have scrambled to the hotel and police were seen questioning staff and guests outside on the street.

The city of Rostov-on-Don has so far hosted four matches in the tournament, including Croatia’s win over Iceland earlier on Tuesday.

The next scheduled match in the city is on July 2.

More to follow…

[ad_2]

Source link